Work with us
Join our team and work with us towards creating a more sustainable future
We believe in the energy created by people
Stern Energy invests in the personal and professional growth of its people and in ensuring they express their full potential in a dynamic, inclusive and stimulating work environment. This is because it is through the personal qualities of its people that the company can hope to achieve its goals.
Are you ready for a new challenge?
No current vacancies
Ground Maintenance Operative - Birmingham, UK
We are delighted to be recruiting for Ground Maintenance Operatives for our company. A position has arisen for a permanent role and two long term temporary positions. The season runs from March through to October with a possible rolling month extension. Full time 40 per week -Monday to Friday with a small chance of reactive mobilisation as and when required. Location-East and West of England – travelling is a daily part of the role, (salary based on experience).
- Undertake general grounds maintenance duties – ensuring a very high standard of work is maintained at all times.
- Working as part of a tandem team.
- Maintenance duties are to include both mechanical and manual operations and will cover the broad spectrum of grounds maintenance.
- Grass cutting between rows of modules and underneath modules, weeding and weed control, small tree works, and any other gardening tasks associated with grounds maintenance.
- Carry out routine checks on equipment and machinery.
- Responsible for the health and safety of themselves, their work colleagues and others who may be affected by their activity, working in accordance with the safety policies of Stern Energy Ltd
- Operate the full range of ride on grounds maintenance vehicles and associated equipment.
- Undertake any relevant training which may be deemed necessary to ensure duties are carried out effectively – at the cost of Stern Energy.
- Ability to offload and onload the equipment and machinery on to a trailer.
- Towing trailer and load to and from site.
Skills and qualifications
- Clean Driving Licence required.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with grounds maintenance machinery and hold a PA1 plus PA6 certificate.
- Customer engagement experience
- Outgoing personality, polite and positive whilst engaging with our customers
- Attention to detail
HV Manager - Birmingham, UK
- Plan testing and fault finding activities on transformers and switchgears up to 33kV, perform and coordinate corrective activities
- Manage and participate on HV construction works such as transformer and switchgear installations
- Manage HV cable and termination installations
- Analyse test results and create reports
- Support the team building up quotes for HV remedial activities
- Review of preventative maintenance reports and execution of follow up points
- Lead and manage the HV team, build and review switching schedules and RAMS and all safety documents (PTW, etc.)
- Contribute to the technical growth of the Company defining HV internal standards and procedures
- Take over responsibilities on switching operations
- Be the interface to grid operators and HV contractors
- Coordinate HV emergency situations
- Contribute to the enhancement and training of the HV team
- Support the team on routine maintenance activities on HV equipment
The role requires you to travel around the country
- Knowledge and qualifications according to local regulations
- Work experience in similar roles
- Knowledge of key HSE legislation and guidance pertaining to project activities
- Experience in the photovoltaic business is a plus
- Good knowledge of MS office tools
- Valid and clean car driving license
- HV qualifications SAP / Control Engineer
- NVQ Level 3 electrical certification or higher qualification
- C&G Level 3
- SMSTS (preferable)
Solar Technician - Birmingham, UK
- Assist with Visual inspection activities, cleaning and report to management team;
- Assist with routine maintenance activities on modules, inverters, cables and connectors, DC and AC distribution boxes;
- Assist with routine maintenance activities on module mounting systems, fence and gates, inverter and transformer stations (excluding equipment);
- Routine maintenance activities on monitoring and communication equipment (data logger, routers, sensors, );
- Assist with routine maintenance activities on security system devices (cameras, barriers, );
- Assist with fault finding on electrical components by means of visual inspections or professional site measurement activities (thermal imaging, insulation tester, );
- Assist with Execute corrective measures to keep the system available;
- Called to assist with reactive and corrective maintenance activities as well as, from time to time to manage subcontractors and control quality of activities performed.
The site technician shall give availability on working from time to time during weekends and bank holidays.
- Experience in electrical systems for industrial sites;
- Experience in the photovoltaic business is not essential but desirable
- Communication skills
- Passion to build a career
- Good knowledge of MS office tools;
- Valid and clean car driving license;
Portfolio Manager - Birmingham, UK
The scope of work consists of the execution of routine maintenance activities on all electrical (modules, inverters, AC boxes) and mechanical components (module mounting system, fence and gate), as well as of the communication and monitoring equipment and surveillance system.
- Prepare and manage agreed schedules
- Request call outs to the field engineers to fulfil response times guaranteed
- Contract management
- Budget management
- Schedule management
- Create and manage work orders
- Reporting activities
- Liaise with Clients
- Create quotes
- Arrange site activities with internal and external resources.
Skills and qualifications
- Experience in the photovoltaic business or in a similar role is a plus;
- Good knowledge of MS office tools;
- Knowledge of PV monitoring systems is a plus;
- Knowledge of HSE and CDM regulations;
- Fluent in English language;
- Sales skills;
- Clean driving license.
Didn’t find the opportunity you were looking for?
Let us know about your talent!
We are always on the lookout for motivated PEOPLE who want to build a “renewable” future. Send a spontaneous application by filling in the form